Friday, September 23, 2011

Groupon Refunds



I get lots of e-mails from people asking about Groupon and whether or not it's legit. I use lots and lots of these, and I had my first bad experience with a company this week. I will say that Groupon handled it so well that I was pleased with the outcome.

I purchased a Groupon back in the Spring for a massage. It expires in Sept. and for about 2 months I've been trying to schedule with her. After leaving several messages for her, she never called me back. A few weeks after my 2nd attempt to reach her, she changed her voice mail to say that you should e-mail her to schedule and that she'd extended the expiration date on the Groupon. I e-mailed her and again, didn't hear anything at all.

Finally after waiting several weeks I decided I wasn't willing to wait anymore. I e-mailed Groupon and let them know what happened about 10 PM last night.

I woke up this morning to find an apology e-mail from Groupon for the bad experience and a refund on my credit card of the entire purchase price of the voucher.

So, if you've been leery of purchasing Groupons, remember that they do provide excellent customer service and they do stand behind their vouchers.

No comments:

Post a Comment