Monday, October 3, 2011

Giant Eagle Updated Coupon Policy


They haven't published this anywhere yet, but I had a chat with my local Giant Eagle yesterday. Apparently as of Thursday, 10-6 the coupon policy is changing. Here are the notable updates:

1) Only 12 like coupons per day. This is the same as the current policy. However, they're apparently going to be tying this to your card somehow. If a customer tries to do multiple transactions using the same kind of coupons or attempts to go to multiple stores with the same kind of coupons the register will suspend the user's Advantage card. The user will then have to contact customer service to get this fixed. I don't know if this is an idle threat but I don't intend to find out! ;)

2) The part of the policy that I think is no good at all...they'll now be limiting internet printable coupons to 2 like coupons per person per day. This for me is the more difficult of the two changes to handle. The new GS1 barcodes have the source of the coupon embedded in the barcode which is how the register will know the difference between insert coupons and printable coupons.

I've already cut my shopping at Giant Eagle way back and I have to say that their printable coupon policy will limit my shopping there even more. Bummer. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment